Thursday, June 6, 2013

What a Day!

I feel like I have so many things to say! This summer has definitely been an adventure. I am usually so busy during the year that all I do is study, study, study! It doesnt really bother me much because I love my career. I noticed I didnt mention a bunch of stuff on the first post in regards to myself. Anyway, its a blog and it can pretty much have any order (i guess). I am happy to say that I will be graduating next year with a BS in Environmental Engineering from SDSU!

 Every since I started a vegan diet I became very interested in learning more and more about a healthy lifestyle. From nutrition facts, to learning new recipes, having an organized schedule to be able to prep food for the next day etc. My life changed as soon as I changed my eating habits. I started to exercise more, when I go to the store I look for the ingredients in the wrapper or box and make sure they are all natural ingredients. If I dont know about one ingredient, me and my boyfriend tend to look it up on our smartphones (thats another reason why I love smartphones!). I try buying organic. From recent medical studies, I learned I have high toxic(n) levels in my system from consuming a lot of veggies, so the Dr.recommended eating organic veggies.

I must say I dont always have the time to cook, but lately, I've made time to learn different recipes and just be creative! Cooking can be a fun thing to do especially if you do it with someone. Its like chemistry, adding the right ingredient in the right amount and Vuala!
I love going to sprouts (or whatever is open)  go check out veggies, prices and good deals, then I think what would go well with what, and go on to a new adventure. Adventurous is a key word, to be adventurous. I learned this at Olivewood Gardens (not the restaurant!) which is a learning center in National City here in San Diego, CA (in case you are reading this from somewhere else around the world) and we teach children from harvesting their food to learn how to cook simple recipes and we have to follow a pledge in order to be in the kitchen and start cooking.

The focus of the program is to encourage children to eat more veggies (which is what they dislike the most) and be adventurous and try before saying "no". I just love watching the kiddos faces when they take a fist bite. ahh, its getting kind of late but I hope to hear from you. Please share your story, any comment, some advice, anything. Ill be happy to know that you, your friends and family are interested in reading this blog. Please know that this blog is a learning experience for you and for me. I share my stories so people catch at least one thing that may be useful in their daily lives (not to say that I have a perfect life or anything), but I would like to hear your thoughts and even advice! Changing your lifestyle for good, means to be open and willing to learn from others, share your positive vibe and learn how to counteract the negative vibes.

No comments:

Post a Comment